Thursday 30 July 2009

Letter from the Editor

Good evening, all! I'm pleased, proud, and more than slightly perturbed to report that this blog has been running successfully now for over a year!

First things first: I'm experiencing some slight trouble with my email at the moment, so if you have any tip-offs, please direct them to the new email address. If you've sent anything that hasn't thus far appeared on the blog, I would hugely appreciate a resend!

And while we're all here, I'm just curious to know a few things, so if you have a few minutes, please comment with your answers to the following questions:
  • How did you first find this blog?
  • Have you made the effort to see/listen to something that you otherwise wouldn't have after reading about it here?
  • If so, what was it, and what did you think?
  • How regularly do you check this blog?
  • Do you consider this blog a useful resource, somewhat on the creepy side, deliciously between the two, or something else entirely?
While this whole affair did start off as an exercise in "if you want something doing, then do it yourself!", it has gradually changed into much more of a team affair. While I'm enormously grateful to all contributors for all tip-offs, I just want to do one more big thank you in particular to Anna, Carol, Eva, Geraldine, Hilary, Jo, and Polly! Between us, we've kept this blog pretty busy, I reckon. XD

So thank you for reading, and please note the new email address! ^_^

6 comments:

Anna said...

Hey Weez! Just wanted to check the new email address is working - sent a tip and a bit of feedback to it last Sunday ... not to hassle and expect stuff to be instantly posted up, but I am just worried there could possibly be a glitch with the gmail address?

k said...

Hi - I saw a reference here to Arcadia, one of my favourite plays. I went there with my mum for her birthday and we both loved it.

So many plays.. said...

A great website, which I check on frequently. It lets us follows the careers and moves of a group of talented actors and gives an insight into what a struggle and an exhausting tour of the country acting must be.
Nick Asbury put me onto the site last year when we were briefly in touch following my response to his RSC blog.
I visited the Bush for Geoffrey Streatfeild in The Contingency Plan, which I would not have normally found out about or visited (why would I, I live in Manchester!). Will now hotfoot it to get tickets for the National, so thanks for updates.

Helen said...

I think many of us are enormously grateful for the updates. I check this site every few days, just in case. Going for tickets to the National Theatre as soon as possible.

silel said...

I found this site quite by accident one day, and I'm so glad I did because it's proved so useful.

David said...

Hi Weez,

I found the blog through WhatsonStage, where I generally appreciate, tend to agree with and enjoy your posts. Erm... I've certainly tuned into TV programmes based on things I've first read here - and you've brought my attention to things I'd very much like to see (usually in London, where I don't keep track as much as I do further north). I don't think I've been to see anything in London with a Histories ensemble member yet, but you influence my thoughts if not my actions;) I have a look here every now and then - usually if I've just been to see a play that has made me think about the Histories (today: Julius Caesar)
I'd say the blog is a useful resource, and if, as 'so many plays' says, Nick Asbury directed him/her here, the cast obviously don't think it creepy.

You do a great job, and I for one don't take for granted the work you put in. Hope you're still enjoying it yourself!